Insights: News Kilpatrick Townsend Continues to Earn Phenomenal Rankings in Annual IAM Patent 1000
The Firm Achieved Recognition in Multiple Categories: China, International, U.S. National and U.S. Regional Rankings
ATLANTA (July 7) – Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton announced today that 22 Kilpatrick Townsend attorneys were named to the 2023 IAM Patent 1000 - The World’s Leading Patent Practitioners (IAM Patent 1000). The firm earned exceptional recognition in China: Foreign & International rankings, the United States National category, and in five states including: California, Colorado, Georgia, North Carolina, and Washington.
In the China: Foreign region, Kilpatrick Townsend was one of only 19 firms ranked. In the International band, the firm was one of the leading 36 firms noted with distinction. Kilpatrick Townsend was also one of only 17 firms named in the U.S. National: Prosecution category.
Kilpatrick Townsend earned Gold Band designation for its patent team in Georgia and for patent prosecution in Washington. The firm was ranked Highly Recommended in patent prosecution and ranked in litigation and transactions category in Colorado. Kilpatrick Townsend earned distinction for patent prosecution and litigation in California, and the firm’s patent team in North Carolina was also recognized.
Commentary throughout the 2023 rankings about the firm’s patent prowess includes:
- From the China: Foreign overview: “The Chinese practice at Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton fits the bill for those interested in expanding their IP portfolios to the United States. With an excellent grasp of US laws and regulations in addition to a deep local cultural understanding, the outfit offers tailored advice on patent matters such as portfolio strategy, litigation and prosecution.”
- From the California overview: “Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton is an extremely impressive firm. It is a go-to for patent instructions, as it works well with inventors, is highly experienced in every area of patent law, and has the capability to handle diverse technologies.”
- From the Colorado overview: “Full-service law firm Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton has a strong and robust IP offering with significant depth and breadth in the patent sphere. With a high bandwidth in technical areas, they consistently attract innovative clients due to its ability to expand the potential value of patent portfolios.”
- From the Georgia overview: “Kilpatrick Townsend has a skilled team of dedicated practitioners who handle every patent instruction with sophistication and go above and beyond to truly understand the technology of clients’ inventions.”
- From the North Carolina overview: “Global corporations, including several of the world’s most valuable brands, turn to Kilpatrick Townsend for the full suite of patent services. The North Carolina outpost stands out for its technical versatility, strong understanding of business and commitment to client needs.”
- From the Washington overview: “The deep bench of nearly 200 attorneys and patent agents at Kilpatrick Townsend combine technical skill and legal expertise to support some of the world’s leading companies in IP matters. The Seattle group is well positioned to provide prosecution services to players in the life sciences, mechanical and electrical industries, to name a few...”
For more information and commentary about Kilpatrick Townsend’s outstanding 2023 IAM Patent 1000 rankings, please click here.
The IAM Patent 1000 guide was compiled following an extensive research process. For over five months, IAM conducted thousands of detailed interviews with numerous private practice lawyers and in-house counsel to gather market intelligence on the leading players in the field. Individuals qualified for a listing in the IAM Patent 1000 when they received sufficient positive feedback from peers and clients with knowledge of their practice and the market within which they operate. For more information on IAM Patent 1000, please click here.
Kilpatrick Townsend attorneys named as top patent practitioners include:
• John Alemanni
• Nena Bains
• Jesse Bennett
• Charles Calkins
• Kimberlynn Davis
• Matias Ferrario
• Steven Gardner
• Darin Gibby
• Charles Gray
• Brenda Holmes
• Wab Kadaba
• Sujit Kotwal
• Justin Krieger
• Craig Largent
• Tina McKeon
• Steve Moore
• Kris Reed
• Andrew Serafini
• William Shaffer
• Mitchell Stockwell
• Renae Wainwright
• Roger Wylie
Intellectual Asset Management (IAM) was launched in July 2003 to address the need for organizations to maximize the value of their IP and other intangibles, and to examine the strategies they can put in place to do this. IAM is unique because it treats IP as a business asset and tool rather than simply as a legal right.
Related People View All
While we are pleased to have you contact us by telephone, surface mail, electronic mail, or by facsimile transmission, contacting Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP or any of its attorneys does not create an attorney-client relationship. The formation of an attorney-client relationship requires consideration of multiple factors, including possible conflicts of interest. An attorney-client relationship is formed only when both you and the Firm have agreed to proceed with a defined engagement.
DO NOT CONVEY TO US ANY INFORMATION YOU REGARD AS CONFIDENTIAL UNTIL A FORMAL CLIENT-ATTORNEY RELATIONSHIP HAS BEEN ESTABLISHED.
If you do convey information, you recognize that we may review and disclose the information, and you agree that even if you regard the information as highly confidential and even if it is transmitted in a good faith effort to retain us, such a review does not preclude us from representing another client directly adverse to you, even in a matter where that information could be used against you.